Thursday, November 15, 2007

Get Out The Vote


Don't forget to take a quick second to vote in our poll on the top right corner. We're trying to gauge the types of wines we should be reviewing/discussing by polling you! Our readers! (All 20 of you)

I prefer wines from the good old U.S. of A. most of the time, but in addition to my US mainstays I will generally focus on a region or country for about 6 months at a time. First it was Spain, then Portugal, then Argentina, and now I'm fully into Italian wines.
Right now, as I've mentioned in the comments section a few times, I'm moving towards big, hearty Cabs and Zins. Our weather here in the Northeast makes these deep red wines ideal for sitting next to a fireplace or paired with a nice roast with hearty root vegetables. Weather is definitely one of the most significant factors in choosing a wine and really something to consider when serving guests. But, if you like white wine in the winter time, don't let me (or the weather forecast) stop you.

No comments: