Monday, January 22, 2007

A Taste of Argentina: #1 of 5

The Wine: Nieto Cadus Cabernet Sauvignon 2002

Country: Argentina
Region: Mendoza
Category: Cabernet Sauvignon
Vintage: 2002
Price: $31.99 (I know, I know, a bit pricey)
Decanted or Not: No

Tasting Notes:

  • The Color: Ruby red

  • The Nose: Deep, dark, very ripe plum and berries. Smokey and earthy.
  • The Taste: Very plump and very juicy. Intense spice. Smokey and earthy, with a little creaminess. Very smooth and sexy finish, with a burst of sweetness at the end.

This wine is so sexy your clothes just might fall off and sounds of Barry White will fill the room. Delightful, and even better after an hour of breathing. Best Cabernet I’ve had from Argentina. Worth every penny.

The Verdict: 9 corks

2 comments:

MyManMisterC said...

9 corks?!!?!!

I will have to try it, I haven't had Cabernet in a long while.

The Vine Guy said...

Yes sir. It's one of the better bottles I've had in quite some time. Very very sexy.