Thursday, January 25, 2007

Taste of Argentina: #4 of 5


The Wine: Morichetti Malbec 2002 (from Lujan de Cuyo)

Country: Argentina
Region: Mendoza
Category: Malbec
Vintage: 2002
Price: $15
Decanted: No

Tasting Notes
Color: Dark red, with almost earthy color

Nose: Not overpowering, lacked a bit, some floral and red fruit smells

Taste: Yes, I know, I'm reviewing another Malbec. I've been on a mission lately to find one that is worthy of being my house red.

This wine was very smooth, almost too smooth. I found it to be lacking the punch and the earthiness I generally find in a Malbec. There were slight hints of dried cherries and other red fruit but overall I found the wine underwhelming. Legs were not prominent, so I would assume it was pretty low in alcohol. I'm not sure I would want to pair this wine with anything stronger than a mild cheese or chicken. I allowed the wine to breath for quite awhile, in an attempt to let it open up to no avail. I would not recommend this wine, I guess what I am finding most on my mission is inconsistency.

The Verdict: 6 Corks


Has anyone out there tried this bottle? If so, let me hear how off base I am (maybe I had an off bottle). Lets hear it!

2 comments:

Sergeant-At-Arms said...

http://realestate.msn.com/Improve/Article_busweek.aspx?cp-documentid=1434462>1=9002

I'm sure you probably saw this article on MSN, but if you didn't, here is the URL. I'm sure you two would like to have something along these lines one day.

Sergeant-At-Arms said...

By the way, I like your tag line.

A place for all wine enthusiasts to share their passion...

That's good.